Escape from the chill of North America and Europe and fly to Marrakech. Go on a Sahara desert tour for 3 days of sheer bliss in the nice warm and dry climate of the Sahara. Three days will seem far too short at the end of it because there are lots of things to do.
Crossing the High Atlas Mountains
Join Sahara Bliss for your Marrakech desert tour 3 days that starts with a drive across the High Atlas Mountains over the Tizi N’Tichka Pass. This adventurous drive takes you over precarious drops and hairpin bends, and knows that you are completely safe in the hands of the professional Sahara Bliss drivers. Enjoy the stunning views of impressive mountains with small Berber villages in between. Visit one of these villages along the way for a walk and a talk with locals, while enjoying their delicious local food.
After the adventurous drive through the Atlas you arrive at Ait Ben Haddou. Visit the ancient buildings and houses of this UNESCO world heritage site, climb to the highest point, enjoy a delicious local lunch or tea ceremony and then proceed onwards to the Draa Valley. Stop here and go for a walk between the towering cliffs. Climb some way up to know the feel of the land and take photos. The scenery is just awe inspiring. You get to Zagora by evening. Walk around to explore the old city ruins, especially the Roman ruins of Volubilis if you have the time or walk in the local market, the biggest souk in the region. You could just as well walk in the oasis. Go for the nomad travel experience and opt for a tent stay for the night. Enjoy delicious local desert dinner and music entertainment around the bonfire with stars twinkling above your head.
Fun in the sand dunes
The next day you arrive at the small desert village M’Hamid and the Erg Lihoudi dunes where the desert experience starts, perhaps the best part of the Marrakech desert tours 3 day experience. There is plenty to do.
- Ride a camel to get to Erg Chigaga. It is your first time. Getting into the saddle can be hilarious. Quite a few tourists tumble off until they get it right. The camel then rises to its feet and then sets off with a swaying, rocking motion with you holding on for dear life.
- When you do get to the Erg Lihoudi dunes you might have access to quad bikes for rent. Enjoy a wild ride through the dunes while being showered by the sprays of sand that the vehicle throws up.
- If that is not available you could always try to hire a sandboard and go sandboarding on the dunes. Go fast downwards and climb the dunes again for the next round of fun.
- Enjoy a sandy spa. The right way to do it according to the locals is to bury yourself in sand up to the neck and enjoy the warmth. Just 10 minutes can work wonders for you.
- Walk and climb the highest sand dune. Do it in the evening just when the sun is about to set to enjoy the magical play of sunbeams over the desert before the day transforms into the starlit night.
- Go back to the bivouac camp and help the cook to build a campfire to prepare your delicious tajine dinner in desert-style. Enjoy your dinner in the open air surrounded by starlight and sand dunes.
- Once you finished your desert dinner enjoy the relaxation of stargazing while enjoying the warmth of the bonfire. The usually quite clear star skies in the Sahara will be one of your most impressive memories of this desert tour.
Once you wake up from a good night rest in your own comfortable nomad tent, enjoy the sunrise over the sand dunes and the desert breakfast before you leave the Sahara. Once you leave the sand dunes behind you will probably feel like it would have been better to stay for at least a week in this magical part of nature. Next time make sure you do.
If you are interested in a Marrakech desert tour 3 days or 4 days your travel plans?
Get in contact with us below to receive more information about our programs and prices. We will get back to you within twenty-four hours with all the answers and information you need.
(Call, text or WhatsApp – English, French) Phone: +212 630 524 036, or Email us at email@example.com